Sunday, May 16, 2010

Portraits


I visited the home and studio of my friend the artist Paul Nehring on an autumn day. Among the many curios laying about I saw several casts of faces on the ground.

Here they lay, the perfect opportunity for a "portrait." I wouldn't have to worry about the subject blinking, moving, or otherwise ruining the shot.

As bad luck would have it, however, my camera's battery wore down. I recall snapping these two shots quickly and hoping there was enough juice left for the camera to function.

2 comments:

anno said...

Well, whether you wanted me to or not, I'm laughing, in a commiserating kind of way. Am ALWAYS worried about batteries..

But somehow, laughter aside, both the pictures and the anecdote work together as a single revealing gesture: an interesting study.

anno said...

Just put this together with the previous post, and realized that these are a pairing as well. Eerie to think of these casts scattered about, like masks waiting to come to life.